McGowan Risk Specialists is an agriculture specialist and has a product that can help your insureds protect their business operations and hedge against a poor production year. Currently farmers have protection through the federal government against something happening to their crop yields. Many more businesses are left unprotected in the event of a bad yield, like anyone who is using the crop, storing the crop, selling the crop etc. All those other businesses were left without protection from a bad year until now!
We have partnered with some leading edge insurers on a product that can hedge against annual yield variations on over 60 different commodities in 48 states. You can quote everything within an online platform and get pricing in real time. You can select the commodities and counties and the system will show you how it all plays out. When you find an option that works you can simply request a formal and we’ll help you with the rest!
- Yield protection for agri-business dependent customers
- All states except NY and ME
CLASSES OF BUSINESS
- Cotton gins, ethanol plants, warehouses, millers, food processors, feedlots, cooperatives, ag retailers and many more
- A.M. Best “A” Rated
To Obtain Quotes: A complete submission requires the following:
- Acord 125 and 140, preferably with fully-completed Excel schedule of values
- Loss history
- Current terms
- Overlying carrier structure
- Request deductible
To Bind Coverage:
- A written request to bind.
- A signed ACORD submission.
- 3 years of loss runs for all underlying policies.
- Supplemental applications (at the underwriter’s discretion).